|FLOODING COVERAGE ON WMCTV.COM
FULL COVERAGE: SPECIAL SECTION: THE GREAT FLOOD OF 2011
AREA FLOODING: MS RIVER PREDICTIONS| HOW TO BE PREPARED | ROAD CONDITIONS
SHELBY CO.: FLOOD IMPACT AREAS | IMPACT AREAS BY ZIP CODE | SHELTER LOCATIONS | PET EVACUATION
OTHER FLOOD MAPS: DESOTO CO., MS | TIPTON CO., TN | TUNICA CO., MS
POWER OUTAGE MAPS: MLGW | ENTERGY ARKANSAS | ENTERGY MISSISSIPPI
INTERACT: FOLLOW US ON TWITTER | FACEBOOK | MY 5: EMAIL US YOUR WEATHER PICS AND VIDEO
To check area road conditions:
The following lists the latest conditions on major roads as reported to Action News 5. If you have an addition or correction to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Shelby County areas by Zip Code That Could Be Affected by the Flood:
Berclair (Summer/Graham) Area
- Beaver Creek Rd. CLOSED between Witherington Rd. and McCraw Lp.
- Laconia Rd. south of Highway 64 CLOSED
- Braden Rd. CLOSED between Lambert Rd. and Highway 196
- Significant flooding in Southtown, Evansville, the southern end of Cotton Villa at Rosemont Cove, River Ridge Cove, and Delta Pine Ave. These areas should evacuate.
- Highway 51 has water over it
- Scenic Route 304 (Pratt Road) Closed
- Arkabutla Lake - Due to recent precipitation, Pratt Road closed April 29th.
- Pratt road (State Scenic Route 304) is in Tate County near Arkabutla Lake and is below the overflow spillway. This closure will cease all public access from Tate County through the dam to points north and west. Expected time of closure is unknown at this time.
-Ballard Slough Rd Entire Road
-Coon Valley Rd Entire Road
-Four-L-Dyke Rd Entire Road
-Herring Hill Rd Entire Road
-Ruleman Rd Entire Road
-Sullivan Rd Entire Road
-All Roads on Island 35 (Reverie)
-All Roads on Island 37 (Centennial)
-Mason Malone Rd From Canaan Grove Rd to Highway 59 S (Closes May 2 for 2 Months)
-Tracy Rd at bridge OPEN but 3 Ton Limit
- Click here for a map provided by the county with the latest road conditions.
- 19 West
- 88 East and West
- 210 North
- Homes were flooded of the 209 between Henning and Ripley (that water has now receded)
- Homes are also flooded off the 19 West and 88 West, he says everyone there has moved out.
- Lake Club houses are flooded around Cold Creek lake off the 87, and Open Lake off the 19.
- Over 50 percent of the county is under water.
- Holly Springs Road
- Bass Landing Road
- Blythe Road
- Old U.S. 61(west of Blythe Rd)
- Pratt Road at Miss 301
- Starlanding Road (west of Old U.S. 61)
- Conger Road and Clifton Road.
- Click here for more details
- Airport Road exit off of I-40 West-bound - CLOSED