A look ahead: Big name hair products catch fire - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

A look ahead: Big name hair products catch fire

Posted: Updated:
MEMPHIS, TN -

(WMC-TV) – A Mid-South teenager claims she suffered third degree burns all over her face and neck after she applied heat to a well-known hair product.

Action News 5 Investigator Anna Marie Hartman will show you the hair scare that landed one of the biggest names in hair care under fire.

"It's really scary that something that you're selling that's not even a professional product, you're just selling it on grocery store shelves could burn," said Cyndi Jo Hartley, hair stylist.

"A lot of the stores we deal with, they know half the stuff they're selling is not good but just to get it out the door," explained salon owner Jackie Wilson.

Tune into Action News 5 at 10 p.m. for the consumer warning that forever changed the life of a Mid-South teen.

Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

SLIDESHOW

Updated:

See what happens when extreme heat is applied to a popular styling product

Powered by WorldNow