Man accused of second kidnap attempt heads to court - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Man accused of second kidnap attempt heads to court

Posted: Updated:
St. Roland Jean-Charles St. Roland Jean-Charles
MEMPHIS, TN -

(WMC-TV) - An Arlington man is back in hot water this morning. St. Roland Jean-Charles,33, was accused of attacking and trying to kidnap a jogger last year. And today, he will face a judge on new charges stemming from a recent alleged kidnapping attempt of a child.

According to the affidavit, Jean-Charles allegedly followed an 11-year-old girl as she walked to her friend's house on October 3.

The girl told police, while walking down the street, a man jumped out from behind some trees and began to follow her. 

According to the affidavit, she started running from the suspect, and chased after her. The girl was able to make it to a friend's house, and knock on the door just in time to get to safety.

At that time, she says the suspect ran off.

According to the affidavit, the girl later identified Jean-Charles in a  photo line up, and stated to police she is 100 percent sure he is the one who followed her.

Action News 5 will keep you posted on Jean-Charles' day in court. Please check back with wmctv.com throughout the day for updates.

 

Copyright 2011 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow