Electrical malfunction caused funeral home fire - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Electrical malfunction caused funeral home fire

Posted: Updated:
MEMPHIS, TN -

(WMC-TV) - Fire investigators say an electrical malfunction caused the fire inside a funeral home in Orange Mound Tuesday.

When the Memphis Fire Department responded to the business at 7547 Carnes Avenue around 6 p.m., they encountered heavy smoke.

The funeral home was closed at the time and did not have a working sprinkler system.

There were no injuries.

Copyright 2013 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow