Unattended burning candle causes fire, person got out alive - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Unattended burning candle causes fire, person at home got out alive

Posted: Updated:
MEMPHIS, TN -

(WMC-TV) – Memphis firefighters were called to a house fire in the 1300 block of Mississippi Boulevard, which is about a block off of East Trigg in South Memphis.

The fire started around 3:45 and the house was going up in flames when firefighters arrived.

One person was inside when the fire began, but they got out alive.

Officials say it started because of a candle left burning.

When the Action News 5 crew arrived they saw heavy smoke and firefighters were battling hot spots.

Copyright 2013 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow