Fire officials blame space heater for Mississippi house fire - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Fire officials blame space heater for Mississippi house fire

Posted: Updated:
EUDORA, MS -

(WMC-TV) – Two house fires believed to be sparked by people trying to stay warm happened in the Mid-South Tuesday night. The latest house fire broke out in Eudora, Mississippi, which is just outside Hernando.

This fire was reported just after 10 p.m. on Tuesday.

Investigators believe a space heater is to blame.

The first fire Action News 5 covered Tuesday night injured two firefighters. The full story on this fire can be found here: http://www.wmctv.com/story/23950357/house-partially-collapses-after-fire

Fire officials stress the importance of cleaning chimneys before using them and never leaving space heaters on unattended.

To read more tips from the Memphis Fire Department about preventing fires while heating your home, click here: http://www.wmctv.com/story/23949083/winter-fire-safety-tips

Copyright 2013 WMC-TV. All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow