COLUMBUS, Miss. (AP) - A family's home was destroyed by fire Wednesday in Oktibbeha County, but no injuries were reported and firefighters were able to save the family pet.
WCBI-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1cpBe0i ) the fire was reported around 1 p.m. at the house on Lucy Faye Lane.
Firefighters say a propane tank on the property caught fire and the fire spread to the house.
The burning tank trapped the family's pet dog in a nearby kennel but firefighters were able to break in and rescue the dog.
The animal suffered minor burns and is expected to recover. The house was declared a total loss.
Firefighters from the Bell Schoolhouse and Adaton/Self Creek fire departments fought the fire.
Information from: WCBI-TV, http://www.wcbi.com
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.