Man using generator in storm-damaged home dies from poisoning - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Man using generator in storm-damaged home dies from poisoning

Updated:

LAFAYETTE, Tenn. (AP) - Authorities say a Macon County man has died from carbon monoxide poisoning by a generator he was using to power his storm-damaged home.

His identity was not immediately released.

County emergency medical director Randall Kirby says authorities will decide later whether to count the death as part of the tornado's toll.

The county was the worst-hit in this week's storms, losing 14 people from storm injuries alone.

A multi-vehicle crash on a highway outside of the county seat of Lafayette killed four on Thursday night.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)      

Powered by WorldNow